Monday, September 27, 2021

Vistara mark India’s first flight with fully vaccinated Pilots and Cabin crew

by Staff Correspondent

Vistara, a joint venture of Tata group and Singapore Airlines, in its industry-leading efforts to ensure the highest standards of safety on board, recently operated India’s first flight with pilots and cabin crew fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

The special flight UK-963 on 16 June 2021 departed Delhi at 0850 Hours and arrived in Mumbai at 1110 Hours, operated by crew that have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. The crew also operated the return flight, UK-960, which was scheduled to depart from Mumbai at 1155 Hours and touched down in Delhi at 1405 Hours. Vistara plans to operate more such flights in the coming days as their number of fully vaccinated staff increases.

Mr. Vinod Kannan, Chief Commercial Officer, Vistara, said, “Vaccination is the best known defence against the pandemic that is helping the world get back to normalcy, subsequently aiding the recovery of the aviation industry. We have been consistently getting our staff vaccinated in our endeavor to ensure safety for them, their families, and our customers whom they serve. This special flight operated by our fully vaccinated cabin crew and pilots is a sign of our continued commitment towards making ‘flying feel safe again’.”

The airline recently announced that it had got nearly 100% of its eligible employees vaccinated with at least their first doses. This included Vistara’s airport and corporate staff, cabin crew and pilots. Vistara continues to ramp up its efforts to ensure all eligible employees receive their second doses as well in time and are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the earliest.

TATA SIA Airlines Limited, known by the brand name Vistara, is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49%, as in actual.

MUST READ

Skyroot Aerospace signs MoU with ISRO, this move may revolutionize the industry : CEO

by Aakash Srivastava In a major boost to the aerospace industry, the Department of Space has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Skyroot...
Delhi
mist
27.1 ° C
27.1 °
27.1 °
94 %
1.5kmh
40 %
Sun
28 °
Mon
36 °
Tue
37 °
Wed
36 °
Thu
36 °